Follow my blog!

Thursday, March 04, 2010

My review of Sons of Thunder by Susan May Warren!

My review:

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Incredibly romantic, tragically beautiful, heart-wrenching, and deeply moving, Sons of Thunder swept me away. This first novel in Susan's new series pulls you into each of the characters' lives in a powerful way. The passion, the heartache, the longing for love and acceptance. It's all in this story as well as the struggle to survive, the yearning for identity, the desire for someone Who will love you and always be there for you. This passionate tale of love and betrayal brilliantly portrays how an abiding faith in God is passed on by example and illustrated through an unwavering spiritual connection to the One Who is faithful and true. It also shows how God knows are greatest need and often allows us to go through the fire to bring us to where He wants us to be. Our trials cause us to grow up and live for others and not just ourselves.

There were so many incredible lessons to be gleaned within the pages of this powerful story that I could go on and on. The bottom line is that this was, in my opinion, Susan May Warren's best novel yet because she captivated me and made me care about every character in this story in a way that rarely happens when I'm reading. I've heard it said that the best stories are ones where the author imagines the worst thing that could happen to their character in every scene, then makes that very thing happen. Susan does a perfect job at building tension and providing a realistic plot that moved me to tears several times. And talk about edgy. Wow! But so tastefully done. These characters were so real to me and I learned a lot from them. Can you tell I loved this book? Sons of Thunder is making my top fiction list for 2010.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. FIVE out of FIVE...that says a lot. Nice review!

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I agree 100% this is definitely going to be one of my top picks for 2010!

XOXO~ Renee

Susie May said...

GIANT CYBERHUGS!!! Thank you for your wonderful review, Michelle!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share