Follow my blog!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My review of Woman of Honor by Nicole Zoltack



About the book:

Aislinn of Bairdhe dreams of becoming a lady knight to honor the death of her fallen brother. To her mother's horror, King Patrick grants Aislinn's wish and she begins her long years of training.

Despite the mockery of the other pages, and the disdain of Prince Caelan who also trains to be a knight, Aislinn commits herself to her dreams and embarks on a journey of self-discovery and bravery. Through the years, Aislinn and Caelan grow from sparing classmates to good friends. They both know that someday Caelan will marry for the sake of the kingdom, but even that cannot keep them from falling in love.

The threat of war with the Speicans is a constant threat, and one that grows more frightening as she and Caelan train toward their eventual knighthood. Aislinn has committed herself to serving Arnhem, and has promised herself as King's Champion when Caelan claims the throne. She is willing to give up everything... her childhood, her life, even her heart for Arnhem. No matter the pain it brings.

My review:

This novel was so emotionally moving my heart literally ached. I loved medieval stories that are well told. And this one has a fantasy twist that makes it that much more fun. Reading about knights and castles are always enjoyable novels for me. Bottom line...Woman of Honor is a well-told, emotionally gripping story. I was literally swept away into the battle scenes, the romance, the fierce loyalty and honor even if it went against matters of the heart. I nearly cried several times while reading this story and was so engrossed a bomb could have gone off outside and I would've kept reading. I am eagerly anticipating the next book in the series. And anyone who has a computer can read this book. While it may not be a print book yet and can only be read in e-book format, it's well worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. My heart is still pounding. And don't let that sweet rating fool you. There was some serious passion in this novel, but if you were to compare it to most romances I guess it was sweet since the characters honored each other's purity. But it still sizzled. And talk about an ending that leaves you begging for more. Sheesh! But it was more than satisfying. I'm just glad that April is only a few months away.

Woman of Honor
was published by Desert Breeze and released in April 2009.

2 comments:

Margaret Metz said...

Great review! And I didn't even have to get a Goodreads account. ;o) lol I think I'll go pick this one up.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Michelle! I'm so glad you enjoyed Woman of Honor. Knight of Glory actually comes out in March so the wait isn't that long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share