Follow my blog!

Sunday, November 08, 2009

My review of I'm So Sure by Jenny B. Jones

I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life)

About the book:

First, her family is chosen for a reality TV show, then she's forced to get a part-time job at a feminine hygiene plant. Bella tries topress STOP before she totally loses her cool.

Bella Kirkwood is finally situated in her new hometown, but she's not ready for the whirlwind of randomness that takes place next. When her stepdad enters a new wrestling reality show, Bella is pulled along for the ride as her life goes on display for all the world to see. When the cameras roll, Bella must solve a prom-queen mystery, deal with her returning ex-boyfriend, and keep her cool as she works alongside the hot but irritating newspaper editor Luke Sullivan.

Who needs TV when you're living the charmed life?

My review:

Lighthearted and fun, yet also clinging to a serious side, I'm So Sure is the perfect sequel to an awesome first book in the Charmed Life series. I read this book within days of it arriving in my mailbox. There were so many laugh-out-loud moments I lost count. In fact, I read several scenes to my husband and he laughed, too. Jones has a truly wack-o sense of humor, but it's also inspiring. I don't think I could ever come up with so many great one-liners. Jones has such a funny, snarky voice.

Another thing I love about this series... Jenny B. Jones knows how to take her characters to the very edge of disaster, then elbows them until they topple off that precarious ledge. Bella has so much trouble stirring in her life that it's downright funny because the girl never gets a break. Just when you think her life can't get any more humiliating, it gets worse for her. Donald Maas would be proud. In fact, he could study Jones's books and probably learn something from them. Seriously.

Despite all of the humorous situations, Bella also knows true heartache. Her character grows both spiritually and emotionally in this sequel. A number of times I truly felt her rejection. However, Bella tends to deal with everything tongue in cheek. So when Bella is ruffled enough to nearly cry, it brings about the waterworks in this reader. Well done! Now I can't wait for the third book in the series to release in May!

I'm So Sure was published by Thomas Nelson and released in November 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share