Follow my blog!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guest book review of Double Minds by Terri Blackstock



About the book:

Struggling to succeed in the Nashville music scene, talented singer/songwriter Parker James finds the competition fierce – even deadly. A young woman’s murder, industry corruption, and a menacing stalker draw Parker into danger and intrigue. Nothing is as it appears, and unraveling the truth challenges everything Parker believes about her talent, her future, and her faith.

Review:

Terri Blackstock does a fantastic job bringing her characters to life. How she describes what each was thinking and feeling evoked similar emotions in me while I read. And the recording industry—she described it so well I think I could go in and record some music. ☺

I’m not a big suspense fan. If the story doesn’t have something supernatural happening, it’s hard to keep my attention. While Terri Blackstock wrote a very convincing story, it didn’t hold my attention as much as I’d hoped it would. Too much narration and not enough action for my taste. I loved the character Parker James. Her authenticity and never faltering faith was inspiring. Despite the obstacles she faced, she remained true to her beliefs. I was definitely touched by that character.

Book reviewed by Lynn Rush

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share