Follow my blog!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guest book review of Double Minds by Terri Blackstock

About the book:

Struggling to succeed in the Nashville music scene, talented singer/songwriter Parker James finds the competition fierce – even deadly. A young woman’s murder, industry corruption, and a menacing stalker draw Parker into danger and intrigue. Nothing is as it appears, and unraveling the truth challenges everything Parker believes about her talent, her future, and her faith.


Terri Blackstock does a fantastic job bringing her characters to life. How she describes what each was thinking and feeling evoked similar emotions in me while I read. And the recording industry—she described it so well I think I could go in and record some music. ☺

I’m not a big suspense fan. If the story doesn’t have something supernatural happening, it’s hard to keep my attention. While Terri Blackstock wrote a very convincing story, it didn’t hold my attention as much as I’d hoped it would. Too much narration and not enough action for my taste. I loved the character Parker James. Her authenticity and never faltering faith was inspiring. Despite the obstacles she faced, she remained true to her beliefs. I was definitely touched by that character.

Book reviewed by Lynn Rush

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share