Follow my blog!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My review of Finding Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson

Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody Series, Book 2)

About the book:

For 15-year-old Scotty Dawn, life's beginning to resemble a movie! She recently learned that her film-industry mom is actually her grandmother, and that her father was killed by the mob. With the hit man still at large, Scotty hides on a Hollywood lot, where she battles fear and loneliness and discovers the life-changing power of prayer.

My review:

This is the second book in the series, and while you can read it as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the first book first. It really sets you up for what happens in the second book.

I adore Scotty and her view of the world. I also loved seeing her deal with stressful situations and learning the power of prayer. She is a genuine teen and she cares about people, and because you are in her head you can see what she is thinking and feeling. Scotty continues to blog about the "scoop" regarding Seth and Karissa, and she actually gives pretty sound advice on more than one occasion. That whole celebrity scenario is such fun to read. Then add to that her friend in crisis and a delightful surprise at the end (which made me actually cry several times - but they were happy tears) this book is about as close to perfect as any I've read.

I wish I could say more but that would make this review a spoiler and you don't want that. Half the fun is disovering these things (as a reader) while you enjoy the story. At any rate, Finding Hollywood Nobody has all the makings of a great YA novel. It has believeable characters and situations, realistic conflict, quirky scenarios, and suspenseful plot. I am totally loving this series and plan to read the next installment very soon.

Finding Hollywood Nobody is published by NavPress (Th1nk imprint) and was released in February 2008.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share