Follow my blog!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Now I'm giving away Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh

To enter to win a copy of this book post a comment about why it intrigues you and I'll put your name in the hat. Please leave me a way to contact you if you win.



About the book:

All she wants is a job. All she needs is religion. How hard can it be?

Maizy Grace Stewart dreams of a career as an investigative journalist, but her last job ended in disaster when her compassion cost her employer a juicy headline. A part-time gig at a Nashville newspaper might be her big break.

A second job at Steeple Side Christian Resources could help pay the bills, but Steeple Side only hires committed Christians. Maizy is sure she can fake it with her Five-Step Program to Authentic Christian Faith–a plan of action that includes changing her first name to Grace, buying Jesus-themed accessories, and learning “Christian Speak.” If only Jack Prentiss, Steeple Side’s managing editor and two-day-stubbled, blue-jean-wearing British hottie wasn’t determined to prove her a fraud.

When Maizy’s boss at the newspaper decides that she should investigate–and expose–any skeletons in Steeple Side’s closet, she must decide whether to deliver the dirt and secure her career or lean on her newfound faith, change the direction of her life, and pray that her Steeple Side colleagues–and Jack–will show her grace.

My thoughts:

I loved Splitting Harriet. This story didn't grab me as much as Splitting Harriet had, but Faking Grace definitely has intriguing content for people who like to laugh at themselves and poke fun at cultural Christianity. :)

23 comments:

Jewelz said...

I loved reading Splitting Harriet, and I would really love to read this one as well!
Please enter me :)
joyfuljewelz (at) gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This sounds hilarious! A new author for me, but I've never read a story about someone trying to 'fake' Christianity. LOL, sounds funny :).

Bebemiqui said...

I like a little snark pointed at my religion. Count me in!
bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thinking About Compassion said...

Sound like it could be quite funny! Thanks.

Lindsey said...

Well first of all, the title intrigued me. How can you fake grace? ;-) I'd love to read this, thanks for the giveaway!

Lindsey
ladyufshalott at yahoo.com

Cherie J said...

U have been wanting to try one of this author's books. I love the fact that the hero is British and the storyline sounds intriguing. Please enter me in the drawing.

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I love reading anything by Tamara.

This story grabs me b/c of the love and forgiveness the characters show.

Anonymous said...

I love reading anything by Tamara.

This story grabs me b/c of the love and forgiveness the characters show.

Anonymous said...

I love Tamara's books and really look forward to reading this one. What intrigues me? The title- how can u fake grace. Seems interesting. please enter my name in the draw.
thanks,
sarahwoll at hotmail dot com

apple blossom said...

What intrigues me most is the humor in faking Christianity. I'd love to win this book.

Merry said...

I find it intriguing to read stories (real or fictional) about people who set out to discredit Christianity and then God turns it around. Please add me. Thanks Michelle!

Tarasview said...

I think this book sounds funny.

Anonymous said...

"Jesus accessories" l have visions of this woman... sound to funny faking to be a christian! Percy

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the pleasure of reading one of her books but sounds like I might ought to get started!!

Lela Fox

bubbysgammaw@peoplepc.com

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the pleasure of reading one of her books but sounds like I might ought to get started!!

Lela Fox

bubbysgammaw@peoplepc.com

Anonymous said...

I think the tug we often feel between what's right and what the world expects of us is totally relatable and I'd really like reading about this.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

windycindy said...

I like how she begins with thinking she has to fake her Christianity by changing her name to Grace and studying Five-Step Christianity Program. Then, she has to make a decision whether she should change her life and have real faith. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Jackie B. said...

This sounds like a very funny and enjoyable book to read. It also has an underlying message about the struggle of choosing right from wrong.

SmilingSally said...

A person really wants a job if she changes her name, wears things to reflect a fake devotion, and learns the jargon to go with the job. That's a funny premise. I'd like to read this one.
smilingsal55[at]yahoo[com]

Donna said...

I loved splitting Harriet and I know you said it didn't grab you but I would still love to read it.

Carole said...

Trying to convince Christians that you're one of them sounds like such an interesting plot. I'd love to read this book.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Anonymous said...

this sounds like a fun read. I know some people that do this, so I think I'd enjoy seeing how it turns out!

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

The winner is... Jewelz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share