Follow my blog!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My review of Fair Game by Carol Cox...


Book Description:

Dinah Mayhew takes on more than just a job at the Chicago World's Fair when she sets her cap for Seth Howell. As Dinah and Seth team up to help Chicago's unfortunates, romance fairly blossoms. But matters take a turn for the worse when Cousin Gladys appears on the scene and starts looking for love in all the wrong places. Upon Gladdie's sudden and mysterious disappearance, Dinah and Seth begin searching for answers, only to find themselves trapped in a maze of secrecy and deception. Will they live to expose the truth or find themselves facing the point of no return?

My review:

Fair Game is an intriguing tale. While it had some slow spots, overall it was a fascinating story and I enjoyed it. Though labeled a romantic mystery, Fair Game contained quite a bit of suspense--especially toward the end. I knew who the creepy man was and what he was doing and I wanted to protect Dinah from him. The romance between Dinah and Seth was sweet, and at times rather emotionally intense. The subplot of her father's rejection of her really drew their hearts together and touched mine.

I loved Seth from the beginning, but as I got to know him better I loved him even more for being so heroic. Great romance, riveting suspense. Wonderful historical fiction. I enjoyed it almost as much as the first book in the series. If not for the slow spots I would have enjoyed it even more, but they weren't significant enough to keep me from finishing the story.

Fair Game
was published by Barbour and released in April 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

slow spots hummm.... but Seth is one of my favorite names so, l think l would read it! Percy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share