Follow my blog!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thoughts on what I'm reading this third week of April 2007...

I picked up The Heir by Paul Robertson and read chapter 1. It bored me to tears. I don't want to sound mean, but I honestly think this book is geared toward men. The cover implies it. To test my theory I asked my husband to just read chapter one and tell me if it was just me, or did the book seem like a guy's novel. He said he read straight through chapter 5 and he thinks he wants to read it next. That said, I will try to read the next two chapters before it's up on CFBA next week and if I'm still bored that is one that's not going to get finished.

Now there is one story that I'm reading that is very hard to put down. In fact, I want to read it straight through but made myself leave it at work so I could get some writing done tonight. (Btw, I'm up to 31,700 words for my WIP.) What is the story I can't put down, you ask? It's Veil of Fire by Marlo Schalesky. Powerful stuff! Reminds me of The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers in regards to the lonely mysterious person who hides in the woods. So unless Veil of Fire takes a sudden downturn and I start disliking it, this one is a high recommendation! Great story!!!

I'm also reading The Ex-Files by Victoria Christopher Murray and it's so realistic and sassy that I'm eating it up! Plus, it's unique and I like that.

I'm also reading What Jane Austen Taught Me About Love and Romance by Debra White Smith (non-fiction) and this book is really good. Makes me want to start reading those Austen novels. Smith has an obvious passion for the author. That's it for tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share