Follow my blog!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

My review of Sheldon, the Selfish Shellfish and friends by Marilyn Jones


My review:
Bet you can't say this title ten time without tripping over it at least once. Seriously, what do an octopus, eel, blowfish, crawfish, and shellfish have in common besides that they all live in the water and are sea creatures? I'll tell you. They are cartoon characters starring in the short stories, which are contained within this adorable book.

The author's daughter illustrated the pictures. They are very cute, well illustrated, and capture the theme of each story well. Catchy rhymes, Bible verses, and words of wisdom abound in this book. Children will learn to not overeat, be anxious, complain, boast, or be selfish from reading the lessons within. An adult could read these stories to their child as part of a bedtime routine. This book is suited for both boys and girls.

To order a copy of Sheldon, the Selfish Shellfish merely post a comment or drop me an e-mail and I'll get you in contact with the author. She lives in Sierra Vista.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share