Follow my blog!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

My review of In the Midst of Deceit by Deborah M. Piccurelli


I grabbed this book with the intention of just reading a few pages. (Which is why it never showed up on my "what I'm reading" list. But I was hooked immediately. I read the story almost straight through. While the prose wasn't perfect at first, the story was so good I honestly didn't notice once I got into it. The tension between the hero and heroine was fabulous and honestly one of the best portrayals of romantic tension I've read in awhile. The kisses were delicious and probably my favorite scenes. But there was so much more depth to the story than that. Truly! Plus, the suspense was awesome and very well done. The people felt like my friends long before the book ended. I truly cared about them and I think I fell in love with Slade, too. His characterization and growth was perfectly done! I loved this book and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves romantic suspense.

In the Midst of Deceit was published by Jireh Publishing and released in 2004.

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

Sounds like a great book, I hope to read it soon....I love all the reviews you do, keeps me informed of all the good books out there...thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share