Follow my blog!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

My review of Dying to Decorate by Cyndy Salzmann



This story is so unique! It starts out hilarious, sucking you in with the witty internal dialogue from Liz--the main point of view character--when she refers to "the hag" in her that's dying to be unleashed. Then the story transitions to the women's Friday night club group and their concern for their dear friend Lucy who is in a total funk and depressed (and for good reason.) They rally to cheer her up and part of that is through helping her renovate a home she recently inherited. With that home came intrigue found in the pages of a young girl's diary during the era of slavery and the Civil War.

This story held my interest and I must say I hated it when the story ended. I want the author to write a historical now about the content in that awesome diary. That was some great stuff! In addition, though the story ended sooner than I'd hoped, it ended on a positive and uplifting note, making me a guaranteed fan of the author for years to come. She really knows how to draw the reader into the lives of the characters.

Oh, and if I were a culinary woman, the recipes are to die for. I think I'll lend them to my husband as he's the chef in the family, and more than one concoction within its pages has piqued his interest. I highly recommend this novel. I hope to see a sequel in the future. There is so much potential for more drama with this incredible cast. Dying to Decorate is published by Howard Books.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share